Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sho flu don't bother me!

We ended up getting the H1N1 virus. This season it is new and everyone is saying it is a pandemic. All I know is we all got and we got it good. A few weeks after we were well, as well as can be because we still had lingering symptoms we all got the regular flu. I was the last one to get it but I got it twice. I think that is what happens to moms when they are taking care of little ones. I am just starting to feel a bit better but I still don't want to eat. On and off fevers and chills make it hard to do anything at all but I am hanging in. Could be worse so I am thankful that we are healthy enough to fight it off.

Bean has missed a lot of school with all this and a lot of after school things like girl scouts and dance practice. Two things she loves but I think it is best to contain the illness to our house and not pass it to other people. That is the problem as to why we keep getting it back. Parents are so fearful to keep their kids out of school that they send them back WAY to early and everyone ends up getting sick again. I, on the other hand have no problem keeping my child out of school until she is better. School is VERY important but it simply is that... school. I am her mother and am in charge of her life. It isn't easy to keep her out of school because we then sit at the kitchen table for hours making up homework but it is worth it because I know that I am doing best for her long term outcome.

If others only had that thought!

Christmas is a little over a month away. In fact I think Petey told me that it was 43 days. CRAZY! The year moves so quickly. Soon after the turn over of 2009 my baby boy will be 4 and will start preschool in the fall. I hate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment